In this blog post, we will go over the basics of visual communication using animation. We’ll cover some tips and techniques for creating compelling animations that will add value to your business. Animation has been around since the early 1900s and is a powerful tool in visual marketing today.
Whether you need an explainer video or a website intro, you can use animation to quickly convey ideas and catch people’s attention. In our next few sections, we’ll discuss what makes a good animation before diving into how you can create one for your own business.
What is animation and how does it work?
Animation is a visual medium that consists of several drawings, photos, or objects shown consecutively in order to create the illusion of movement.
Animated videos are short films consisting of moving images and dramatic changes from one image to another. You can use these animations for storytelling, educational purposes, or even advertising!
In this guide, we will focus on using animation as part of your business’ communication strategy through examples and tips you can apply immediately if you want to make an animated video yourself.
What is visual communication?
Visual communication is the use of visual content such as images, both static and dynamic (animation), to convey a message. Businesses often use visuals for advertising or marketing purposes in order to grab attention and convey complex ideas simply.
In other words, visual communication is the use of a visual presentation (images and animation) to get your message across. Good visual communication helps your target audience to understand your ideas and take action on them.
People tend to pay more attention to information with visual imagery or visual content. That is why visual communication is very important for your content marketing strategy.
Types of visual communication strategies.
There are several types of visual communication strategies you can use in your business, depending on what goals you have. For example, a common visual communication strategy is using visuals to improve people’s understanding of the goal or objective behind an idea.
For instance, when explaining how something works visually instead of verbally makes it easier for someone to understand and remember the concept being taught. You can use data visualization techniques to display complex data in a way that is easy to understand, which is an increasingly important skill in the age of big data.
Another type of visual communication involves visual storytelling through images which have been strategically placed throughout history by some of the most successful brands out there today such as Apple and Nike . These companies put thought into how they positioned their visual language in order to convey the message of who they are and what makes them unique.
How does animation fit into visual communication?
Animation can be used as an effective tool that brings your brand’s story to life while adding value through information presentation. Animation allows you to engage with viewers on another level by utilizing different visual elements such as color, text, voiceover, movement, etc…
Data visualization using animation can be an extremely powerful way to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner. Animated explainer videos are also growing in popularity as a way to quickly introduce people to a new product or service.
This creates a better user experience so people will remember what they learned from watching it. Animation can also be used as an introduction to a website or product, as well as for educational purposes.
What are the benefits of using animation in visual communication?
- Animation is eye-catching and memorable, which helps you stand out from the competition.
- It can simplify complex topics or processes so that people can understand them more easily. Such as data visualizations in forms of animation. This makes data storytelling easier.
- Animated video is versatile and can be tailored to fit any message or style
- It’s an engaging visual content. Making it a great way to communicate with viewers.
- You can use animation to tell stories, which makes it easy for viewers to follow along.
What makes a good animation?
There are many factors that contribute to making a great animation – here are some key points:
- Keep it simple – Animation should help tell your story, but don’t overcomplicate things by adding too much detail.
- Use movement to your advantage – Movement grabs attention and keeps viewers engaged.
- Be clear and concise – animations should be easy to understand, so make sure the key points are communicated effectively.
- Stay on brand – ensure that all animations reflect your company’s branding and style guide.
The ABCs of animation in visual communication.
In this section we will discuss about the ABCs of visual content within an animation video for visual communication.
A is for Acting, B is for Backgrounds, C is for Character Design,
- Acting: Animations are like movies – the better the acting, the more believable the animation will be. Make sure your characters convey emotion and movement realistically.
- Backgrounds: The scenery in your animation can set the tone and help to communicate information effectively. Be creative with your backgrounds and use them to enhance your story.
- Character Design: Characters are at the heart of any good animation. make sure they are well designed and visually appealing to viewers.
D is for Drawing, E is for Editing,
- Drawing: The best animations are made up of several drawings that are smoothly transitioned from one to another. If you’re not a professional artist, don’t worry – there are plenty of tools and resources available to help you create your own animation.
- Editing: Once your animation is complete, it’s important to edit it well so that the transitions between frames are smooth and the overall video looks polished.
Now that we’ve covered the basics of visual communication using animation, let’s take a look at some tips for creating compelling animations!
F is For Finishing Touches , G is for Graphics,
- Finishing Touches: After you’ve finished your animation, take some time to add finishing touches such as music and sound effects. These can help to elevate the video and make it more professional.
- Graphics: Use graphics and typography to enhance your animation and make it look even better. Well-designed graphics can help communicate key points effectively.
H is For Humor, I is for Interaction and Immersion.
- Humour: A touch of humor can go a long way in making animation more engaging. Be careful not to stray too far from your brand’s tone and style, but don’t be afraid to add some light-hearted moments.
- Interaction and Immersion: Animations are a great way to engage viewers on a deeper level. Use interactive elements such as buttons, menus, or quizzes to keep people engaged and encourage them to interact with the animation.
The importance of storytelling and the use of sound.
As you may have noticed, effective visual communication is often tied with storytelling. Whether it’s through writing or animation, stories help us convey information in a more engaging way while adding context and meaning to the subject matter at hand.
Storytelling can be used for everything from explaining complex concepts to simply making your company seem relatable!
Adding sound effects and voice-overs are also important parts of animation that will make your video stand out. Whether you’re creating an explainer video or just some GIFs on social media, audio enhances visuals by giving viewers another sense they can use to better understand what’s going on in the animation itself.
Tips for creating character animations.
Character animations add personality and life to your videos. When creating characters for animation, it’s important to keep a few things in mind:
- Characters should be simple and easy to understand – Avoid too many details and stick to basic shapes and lines. This will make them easier to animate and viewers will be able to focus on what they’re saying rather than how they look.
- Make sure their movements are believable – When creating movement for your characters, try to imagine how they would actually move in real life. If you can make people laugh or feel engaged with your characters, then you’re on the right track!
- Give them a personality – Just like in writing, characters should have their own personalities that help define them and make them unique.
Techniques to create an engaging storyboard.
Storyboards are important when creating an animation because they help you plan out your video before it’s actually created. You can use visual imagery to map out the progression of events in a sequence, which makes everything run more smoothly and helps ensure that your audience will stay engaged throughout.
There are three main components to consider when making storyboards:
- Shot selection – Decide on the shots you want in each scene over time so there is enough variety for movement while still telling your story effectively. Think about things like closeups vs wide angles or what specific backgrounds might add to the mood/atmosphere within certain scenes. Make sure all these choices feel purposeful rather than random by adding meaning to every visual choice you make!
- Timing – Now that you’ve decided on the shots, go back and decide which moments to show in each scene. It’s easy for things to become boring if all of your scenes are too long or vice versa, so choose carefully!
- Transitions – How can you best transition from one shot to another? For example, should there be a fade out into black before transitioning into an entirely new scene? Or perhaps it would work better to cut straight between different angles rather than using smooth transitions like dissolves. Whatever works best within your storyboard is what’ll make it great.
How to develop a visual style, color palette, and typography that matches your project's mood or theme?
A big part of visual communication is creating a style that reflects your company or project. This doesn’t mean you have to stick to one specific look, but rather find elements that can be reused and tweaked throughout all your visuals.
For example, if you want to create a more serious video then using darker colors and muted tones can help convey this feeling. Alternatively, if you’re going for something more lighthearted then brighter colors and playful typefaces might work better.
The most important thing is to make sure everything works together cohesively so viewers immediately know what kind of mood or tone you’re trying to go for. As always, it’s also important to stay consistent with your branding guidelines and style guide.
Visual communication is an important part of any marketing strategy. By using animation, you can create engaging and visually appealing videos that will capture the attention of your audience. Be creative with your backgrounds, character design, and overall style to make sure your animation stands out from the rest.
Use finishing touches such as music and sound effects to polish off your video. And most importantly, make sure the humor in your animation is appropriate for your brand. With these tips in mind, you’re well on your way to creating amazing animations.
Now that you know all about using animation for visual communication, put these tips into practice and create an amazing animation for your business!
How to make my own animation video?
There are a few different software programs you can use to make your own animation videos. The most popular premium software is After Effects.
Whichever program you choose, be sure to do some research on how to use it effectively so that you create the best possible video for your needs. Most premium software requires a basic animation skill set. Otherwise you might won’t be able to use them properly.
If you don’t have any animation skill but still want to make an animation video, you have to try myVideodesign. Our AI-driven online animation software will make your animation for you. You can even do it for free by signing up to a free account here!
You don’t have to buy, download, or install anything in your computer. You only need a PC or laptop and an internet connection.
All you have to do is upload a Word or Powerpoint file containing your message. Then you can choose backgrounds, characters, musics and voice-over within our massive asset library. After that, just sit back, relax and let myVideodesign do all the magic for you. In just a few minutes, you will have your animation video ready to be downloaded.
Let’s try myVideodesign today for free by clicking here and start making great animation videos to communicate your message.