Creativity is the key to a successful video. You can use a product video to explain how something works, but an animated video will make your video more effective and eye-catching.
Animation can be used to improve product videos in a number of ways. From adding movement and excitement to making complex concepts easy to understand.
If you’re looking to create an explainer video or simply want to give your product videos some extra pizzazz, then read on for our top nine tips on how animation can improve your product video and bring it to life!
What is a product video?
A product video is a short video that explains the value of your product or service. Product video examples include explainer videos, product demos, a product launch video, and testimonials videos.
At its core, it’s just another way to explain what you do in 30 seconds or less so your target audience understands how they can benefit from using your products and services.
The product videos should always be about benefits, not features. It should explain how your product or service works. If it’s a video about an app, for example, you need to show your potential customers what they can do with this app and why they would want to use it instead of other apps on the market.
What should be included in a product video?
When creating a video to promote a product, it is important to keep in mind what you should include. Here are a few thoughts on what should a product video includes:
- Product videos should be creative and engaging while also providing information about the product. This video should be able to explain exactly what the product is and why it is beneficial.
- It should also be able to tell a story. This story should be about the customer and how they benefited from using the product.
- The product video should be short and concise. The goal is to quickly introduce the key features of the product and explain why they are beneficial.
- The video should also be able to leave a lasting impression on the viewer.
- When creating an explainer video, it is important to keep in mind what makes them so successful. This video type has become popular for several reasons: they are easy to understand, cut out all of the fluff and provide information quickly. A product video can be created with these same qualities.
- In a video, you should talk about the product as if it is being held by someone. It is important to keep in mind how this video will look from the potential customers’ perspective.
- It also helps for an explainer video to include several shots of real customers using the product and sharing their experiences with others. These customer video testimonials are extremely beneficial since they can come from anyone, not just the creator.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to always include a call to action in your video content. A call to action is very important in every marketing video strategy. This video should encourage viewers to purchase the product.
What video production techniques work best for product videos?
There are a number of product video production techniques that you can use to make your video stand out and connect with viewers. These great production techniques include:
- Stop motion video is a technique that you can used to explain a product. Stop motion videos are made by doing product photography one frame at a time. And then combining all the frames together to create a video. This type of video is perfect for products that have intricate details or unique movements. By using stop motion, you can capture all of these details and create a video that is both informative and interesting to watch.
- Live video is filmed as it happens and gives a more personal feel to the viewer. This technique can be used to show how a product works or to interview customers about their experiences. Live video is a great way to connect with viewers and make them feel like they are right there with you.
- Green screen video is a technique that can be used to place your product in any setting you choose. This type of video is perfect for showing how a product would be used in everyday life or in unique settings.
- Animation is one of the most engaging, entertaining ways that you can explain what you do in just 30 seconds. Animation videos are easy to understand and watch, which makes them an excellent production technique for product videos. Animated characters can help explain what you do in a video that is entertaining while also informative. Animated humanoids or simple cartoon images of people can be used to tell the viewer about your business or show how things work. These animated characters can help keep viewers engaged by demonstrating how the product works. Animation video is perfect for a complex product that is difficult to film in real life. By using animation, you can create any setting or environment you want for your video. This technique is perfect for products that are out of this world or those with intricate details.
When creating a product video, it is important to keep in mind the different production techniques that are available to you. By using one of these techniques, you can create a video that is both informative and engaging to watch.
9 tips on using animation for your product videos
Now that you know animation can be used to improve the quality and effectiveness of your product video. Here are 9 tips on how to improve your product video using animation:
- Start with the script. The story is the most important part of any video, and it’s especially true for an animated video. Make sure you have a strong beginning, middle, and end.
- Keep it simple. Animated videos can be complex, but it’s important to keep your audience in mind. Make sure the video is easy to understand and doesn’t require a lot of explanation.
- Use humor. A little bit of humor can go a long way in an animated video. Just make sure it’s appropriate for your target audience.
- Tell a story. As mentioned before, animation is a great way to tell a story. Make sure the video has a clear message and uses animation to its full potential.
- Use character design. Characters are a great way to help explain complex concepts. Make sure your characters are likable and easy to understand.
- Be creative. Animation is a great way to be creative and express yourself. Take advantage of the video format and have fun!
- Keep your video concise. The average attention span online is very short, so don’t drag out a video product for too long or viewers will lose interest. You can always create more videos to address specific topics if needed.
- Test it with an audience first. Before you launch your video product, test it with a focus group or other people. This will allow you to see how easy the video is to understand and if there are any issues that need smoothing out before launch.
- Don’t be afraid of technology! You can find all the tools for starting a video project online these days, so don’t be afraid to try something new.
Animation is a great way to improve video product and bring it to life! With these ten tips, you’ll be on your way to creating an awesome video product that will capture your audience’s attention.
You can consider video hosting sites like YouTube, Vimeo, and some other video sites. But video hosting sites are not the only option. You can also use video streaming websites that focus on product videos or explainer videos like Wistia, Vidyard, and Vzaar. These will help you with the best product videos to increase your brand awareness as well as the SEO ranking of your website pages.
How to get more views on your video? Here are a few ideas:
- Promote it on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Promote it in forums or groups that exist for the people who would be interested in watching the product video you have created
- Reach out to video sharing sites and ask them for permission to put your video on their site
- Embed the video on your website or blog
- Make a landing page for a specific video or even multiple videos, and include an email opt-in form so you can track how many people are watching the video
How to make your own animated product video?
There are a few different ways to create an animated product video. You can use editing software like Adobe After Effects, hire a video agency, or you can use online tools available on the web. Whichever route you choose, make sure the finished product is easy to understand and well-made.
When using online tools, be very selective. If you don’t have much time or budget, it is better to use online software. Online software does not require any downloads and we can recommend one that is 100% free.
MyVideodesign is a free and easy-to-use animated video maker that allows you to create high-quality, professional videos for your products. The platform leverages artificial intelligence (AI) to make it as simple as possible to create the perfect product video.
If you’re ready to see how much easier this can be than hiring an expensive agency or buying stock footage from a website, then let us show you our AI-powered app now!
You only need to create a video script in Word or Powerpoint format and upload it to our website. Then choose your preferred backgrounds, characters, and background music. We even have AI-powered voice-over features to complete your video! You don’t need to go through a complex creative process.