Animated video production is a hot topic on social media these days. But it’s not always easy to know where to start. In this article, we’re going to break down everything you need to know about animated Instagram videos so that you can start today.
This blog post will introduce you to animated Instagram videos and how they can be a great marketing tool for your business. We’ll explore the top 10 tips for making animated Instagram video ads that get more likes and shares.
What is an animated Instagram video?
First and foremost, let’s start with the basics. What is an animated Instagram video? Simply put, it’s a short video that uses animation to tell a story or convey a message. Some animated videos are a bit longer, while others can be under a minute.
You can use animated videos for all sorts of purposes, from marketing to education to entertainment. For Instagram in particular, animated video is the most engaging type of content you can post on your account.
Animated GIFs vs animated videos: what’s the difference?
The animated Instagram posts are not animated gifs. A Gif (Graphics Interchange Format) is a type of compression file for digital images supported by Twitter and Facebook. Which makes it possible to create small files sizes when you want to share photos or videos on these platforms. However, since they don’t render text very well, animated gifs aren’t usually used for social media marketing purposes.
On the other hand, animated videos have many advantages over animated gif’s because they support motions with sound effects and background music, and they offer a high-definition animated image quality.
Why use an animated Instagram video?
There are several reasons why animation is the best video format you might want to consider using on Instagram marketing for your business. Here are just a few:
- Animated videos are eye-catching and engaging, which means they’re more likely to be shared online. Animated Instagram videos have the highest level of user interaction than other types of social media content.
- You can use them to communicate a wide range of messages. From marketing your product or service, to explaining how it works.
- Animated videos are a great way to show off your brand’s personality and create a connection with your audience. They’re also viewed more frequently than still images or static graphics. When it comes to marketing on social media, animated videos are the way to go.
- They’re perfect for online advertising and you can use them to reach a wide range of audiences. Because they’re engaging and visually appealing, animated videos are more likely to be liked and shared by users.
- More memorable. An animated video is more likely to be memorable than a still image or graphic. Engaging animated videos are particularly impactful, making them excellent for marketing purposes.
Where to post animated videos on Instagram?
Animated videos can be posted in Instagram Stories and on your profile. They only last 24 hours before they disappear, so make sure to post them when you’re going live or will have a chance to check back later!
Sometimes animated posts perform better than regular ones because of their uniqueness and creativity. Just like any other type of content (text/images/videos), the animated video should add value for the viewers by making an emotional connection with them.
It doesn’t need to show much information. These short videos just need to spark interest for people to click through and watch more content from you.
Some brands have started Instagram video marketing using animated videos. This is one of their ways to increase brand awareness and grow their followers on their Instagram account.
When to post animated videos on Instagram?
Animated videos are best used during special events, launches, contests, or big product releases. You can either post it on Instagram Stories or Instagram feed. It depends on your Instagram video marketing content.
Here are a few animated video content ideas for Instagram Stories:
- Announce a contest or promotion
- Launch something new (product/service)
- Share exclusive content with followers because of an event they attended
- Showcase the company culture and history by sharing animated photos from previous years’ gatherings to make your employees feel part of the team.
And these are some animated video content ideas for posts on your Instagram Feed:
- Feature influencers who have worked with you in past campaigns to build up hype around current projects that might involve them again. For example, feature another blogger after their review got tons of likes and shares earlier this month. That way it will be shared even more because people already love the animated content.
- Highlight an article or video that your followers might be interested in subscribing to your newsletter for.
- Announce a new product, feature, or update to your app that you’re proud of and want others to know about it.
- A new store opening/new store location is another animated video idea.
- Showcase photos and animated GIFs from a blog post you want to promote.
How long should an animated Instagram video be?
There’s no definitive answer here. It really depends on the type of video you’re creating and what your goal is. Generally speaking, an animated Instagram video should be short and sweet, no longer than one or two minutes.
However, if you have a lot of information to share, you can go up to three or four minutes. Just make sure that your video is engaging throughout and doesn’t lose the viewer’s attention. Your Instagram followers will more likely share videos that are interesting rather than ordinary.
Tips on starting an animated Instagram video production.
If you’re thinking of creating an animated Instagram video for your business, here are some tips to get you started:
- Keep it short and sweet. Animated videos can be a great way to share complex ideas in a simplified way, but that doesn’t mean they need to belong. In general, aim for videos that are two minutes or less.
- Tell a story. An animated Instagram video is a great way to tell a story and engage your audience. When creating your video, think about the message you want to communicate and how you can use animation to convey it in an interesting way.
- Use bright colors and eye-catching visuals. An animated Instagram video is a great way to stand out from the crowd, so make sure you use bright colors and eye-catching visuals to capture your audience’s attention.
- Keep it simple. When creating your animated video, keep in mind that less is more. Try not to include too many elements or complex animations, as these can be confusing and distracting for your viewers.
- Use music to set the mood. Music can be a great way to set the tone for your animated video and help engage your audience. Be sure to choose a song that matches the mood of your video and enhances the overall experience.
- Make it funny. animated Instagram videos are a great way to share humor with your audience, so be sure that you include at least one or two humorous elements in your video.
- Include animated text. Animated text can be a great way to add extra information like quotes and statistics into your animated Instagram videos without overwhelming the viewer with too much content. It’s also an easy way to add animated branding.
- Use animated emoji. Animated emojis are an easy and fun way to make your Instagram videos more engaging, especially if you’re targeting a younger audience or want to use humor in your video message.
- Include links for additional information / calls-to-action (CTAs). animated Instagram videos can be a great way to drive traffic to your website or social media pages, so be sure to include links for additional information and CTAs in your video.
- Test and experiment! animated Instagram videos are still a relatively new phenomenon, so there’s no one right way to create them. Be sure to test out different styles and techniques to see what works best for you and your audience.
Now that you know the basics of an animated Instagram video, it’s time to get creative and start creating some videos of your own! These tips should give you a good starting point, but remember to experiment and find what works best for you.
How can I create Instagram videos?
There are a few different ways that you can create videos for Instagram. You can use video editing software to create animated or live-action videos, or you can use online tools. You can even hire a video agency.
Using premium video editing software such as Adobe After Effect might require a basic animation skill set for you to be able to start making an animated video. So if you don’t have the experience or skill yet, you might need to learn some first.
Hiring a video agency might sound like a better option if you have a budget and time to spend. But if you want to save money and have the time, using online video tools to create video content with animation might be a better solution.
You can try myVideodesign. Our online video editor use AI technology to help you make your animated video format most easily. We can help create your animated Instagram video posts in just minutes. Plus we have a free plan option that costs you nothing at all.
Starting on our online software is easy, just follow these simple steps in this video :