Educational videos can be a great asset to your educational courses. You can use it as part of the course or within one particular lesson, such as an introduction or explanation.
It’s educational. It’s engaging. And it has the potential to make your course experience more enjoyable for you and your students! Animated educational videos are a great way to spice up any educational presentation. They are perfect to promote student interest through lengthy or dry topics that students might not want to listen to in their normal classroom setting.
In this blog post, we will explore how animated videos can make your life easier as an educator and enhance the student learning experience as well!
What is an animated educational video?
Animated educational videos are a type of educational video that uses animation or cartoon characters in order to teach viewers something. They usually use real people, but the footage has been modified. Tutors use computers to turn into their own animated character versions for humorous purposes.
An educational video is much more educational in nature. But animated educational videos can be used to teach a wide variety of educational material. From an introductory psychology class to a computer science course. Which makes animated videos to be the more effective educational videos.
The educational material can be taught through cartoon characters or using real people in a narrated animation video.
What are the benefits of using animated educational videos in courses?
There are so many benefits that you can get by using engaging educational videos in your courses, lectures, or any other educational activities. Cognitive load theory suggests that people have a limited amount of mental capacity to complete educational tasks. One way to help students learn more is by using videos. As they can motivate them and engage them in the lesson or activity.
Here are a few benefits that will make you start creating educational materials using animation video to improve your courses and students learning experience:
- Animated educational videos can help keep your students attentive and entertained. While learning about educational concepts that may be difficult for them otherwise.
- They help keep students’ attention on the task. Especially in educational activities where there are many distractions.
- They also help you cover a lot of content in a very short time. You can also use them to summarize the learning points of each educational lesson or activity.
- They allow students grasp important ideas easier. It is because of the audio and visual elements included in the videos. Creating a better learning process for not only educators but students as well. This will result in the desired learning outcome.
- An animated interactive video can be used in a number of ways whether it is offline or online courses. They are especially popular as online learning materials. Since in online classrooms course tutors have limited face-to-face interaction time with students.
- Animated videos make learning more interesting. You can use them as a tutoring tool for important lessons or educational presentations.
- These type of videos can help students who are visual learners or have trouble with reading materials, learn something new.
- They also have the additional benefit of being able to stand alone, without a tutor present. So students who need extra time with new concepts can pause educational videos and re-watch them as they need it. This is a wonderful way to ensure that all get the equal student opportunity to fully comprehend new educational material. Even if they are struggling in school or have learning disabilities.
- Educational video services empower instructors by creating quality educational presentations for important lessons. Which allows you more time with your students while still providing the educational materials they need to succeed.
- They are also known to increase engagement in students. Especially when the video is humorous or exciting. Because promoting student engagement derive from the fact that educational videos are interactive.
The benefits of educational videos apply not only in institutions but at home as well.
Educational videos are a great educational tool that parents can use to teach their children important lessons. For example, educational cartoons are oftentimes viewed as more entertaining than reading. And they provide an excellent way for parents to spend time with their kids.
Additionally, educational information videos give people the opportunity to learn about subjects in an exciting manner that keeps them engaged and entertained. While educational how-to videos can be used to teach kids about tasks they would need help with at home.
An animated educational video is a great educational tool for anyone who wants to learn something new in an exciting educational environment. That isn’t always easy to achieve through traditional learning methods. Evaluate your educational needs and the educational tools available to you.
Take a look at educational videos that will help you teach your students, employees, or any other educational audience in an exciting way. While still providing them with all of the information they need for success.
How to use animated educational videos in courses?
There are many different types of animated educational videos that are used for educational purposes including how-to guides and information lessons about history. Animated educational videos range from cartoons to live-action visuals with narration added on top of it to teach the educational material.
Animations that use real people instead of computer-generated cartoon animations can also teach educational lessons through a narrated video, which is another type of educational video.
5 popular types of animated educational videos content.
The popular types of video content for animated educational videos include:
- Educational cartoons focus on teaching facts about a certain topic. You can use them to teach lessons in an entertaining manner. Making it easier for the audience to remember the information they learned from watching the video.
- How-to guides use animations of people performing tasks and add narration over top explaining how to do the task. Animated educational how-to guides can teach anyone about certain steps in performing tasks.
- Narrated educational information lessons use animation to tell the story and instruction at the same time. Teaching educational material to its audience not only the visual channel but also through audio. Narrations also help people remember what they learn from watching these types of educational videos by adding auditory stimuli to educational material.
- Animated educational infographics are used by businesses and educational institutions for employees or students that they want to teach about company culture, the way things work within a business setting or any other type of lesson relevant to their specific situation.
- An explainer video that explains information in conversational style encourages students to learn by acting as a tutor. Especially if added a few interactive elements.
The future of animation in education.
The educational video industry is changing. The way we consume media has changed and educational videos are no exception to the rule. Gone are the days of VHS tapes and educational DVDs. We now live in a world where anyone can create their own educational content and distribute it across multiple platforms at lightning speeds all from their home computer!
However, people are not always able to make educational videos themselves, or they don’t always have the resources for it. Every person can use animated educational videos in their daily life because of their cost-effectiveness and ease of use. For private tutors who want to create educational videos, this is an amazing way to start doing so. Without having to spend a lot of money to do so.
Multimedia learning materials promise to provide educational opportunities for all learners, including those with disabilities. There are educational videos for everyone, from those who want to learn about specific things. Such as how plants grow and function with the environment around them or any other scientific topic you can think of.
Educational videos that help spread awareness on various topics like poverty in third world countries or even ones that talk about social justice. Animated videos are a powerful tool that can be used in the classroom and at home to teach whatever educational topic you want to someone else without having to go through all of it yourself. Which will make courses fun for everyone involved!
How to start creating animated educational videos?
Given today’s technology, anyone can create an educational video. Even if they don’t have any experience or educational background. You just need to know your topic and how to present it in an educational manner.
This is what makes animated educational videos such as educational cartoons and narrated educational information lessons very popular with people who want to create their own educational videos but don’t know how or where to start.
You can animate creative educational videos in a variety of ways. Some educational video companies will create an entire cartoon with voice-over actors and background music to make your subject more interesting.
Other educational video services may use motion graphics, animation software, or stop-motion techniques along with their own writing skills to entertain students while they learn. In this way, educational video services often work with educational consultants to ensure that the finished product is a perfect fit for your lesson.
What if you want to start creating animated educational videos with limited time and budget?
This is what we can help you with. MyVideodesign is an AI-driven animation maker platform that is fast, easy, and free! You can create educational cartoons or narrated educational information lessons in just a few minutes. You don’t even need to have video editing skills before.
You can start constructing educational materials in Word or Powerpoint format and upload them to our website. Then choose the style of animation you want to use for your video and let the AI technology from myVideodesign make the animation video for you! See more how it works here.
Sounds too good to be true? How about making one for yourself right now by clicking here. See the magic that happens before your eyes. Your course will never be the same again! Sign up for free now here!